Friday, September 4, 2009

CRY BABY

Ok so today was the first time I dumped the girls off at the school daycare. The daycare here is great don't get me wrong, but oh my gosh, it was so emotional for me. I felt so bad leaving them there. Last year I had a lady in the neighborhood watch Mya for me and that was hard. But this year I am lucky to have her in the same building as me! UGH I was holding back tears the whole drive out here. Lets start out with my wonderful (NOT) morning. We had a faculty meeting this morning I had to be at 7:30, ar eyou kidding me? That is so early to get out the door with two kids and drive 20 min to school and get the kids dropped off. I was up at 4 because that's when Marlee thought it would be great to wake up for a bit. I got myself ready at 6 this morning, just as I got dressed, Marlee had another great idea and pooped ALL over me. It was everywhere except in the diaper! I changed my outfit and went and woke Mya up and got her dressed. She is screaming because she is hungry but I have no time to feed her and tell her the daycare should feed her breakfast! I run back to the room to get Marlee loaded in the car seat, at this time it is already 7:15, yes I am going to be very late already. As I am putting Marlee in the carseat she had great idea number 2 and pukes ALL over me and herself and the carseat. I was ready to cry. I was going to be so very late for the meeting and yes I was running out of clothes. I go and change again, and than change Marlee AGAIN. We are finally on the road by 7:35 and I text a fellow teacher and tell her to take notes for me that I am going to be so late for the meeting. I cried the whole way to school feeling like the worst mom ever dumping my kids off at a daycare. I get to school and carring in 6 bags and a carseat up 3 flights of stairs and by the time I hit the daycare I am dripping in sweat, lovely I know! I could tell Mya was really nervous she didn't know any of the other kids or where she was at. My heart broke for her. I left and cried the whole way to my room. I also felt so terrible leaving Marlee, she is still so young. After 7th period I ran down to watch the kids playing in the outside play area, to see that Mya was all by herself. She than went over to the table that had several kids on it and when she sat down, all the other kids left the table. Yes you guessed it, I started balling all over again right there in the hallway, I so badly wanted to run out there and give her a hug. UGH being a working mom is not always fun. I love my job, I love the kids I teach, but gosh their are days you feel like a very very HORRIBLE mother for leaving your small kids. I just hope they know I love them and that hate me when they are older for me working!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

ditto!!

Angela Montgomery said...

What a sad day! Makes you want to crawl back in bed & start over the next day. It was super hard leaving Seren @ a babysitter too. I can't WAIT to be done with my program!!!

Rachelle said...

Awww, I'm so sorry you had such a bad day. I almost started to cry because I totally feel your frustration and stress. I hope things are starting to calm down and fall into a routine now. I don't live that far away, so let me know if you ever need any help. Big hugs, and hang in there! Love ya!