Saturday, January 8, 2011

Thoughts about Christmas

Christmas is a stressful time of year, and that's putting it nicely. I remember when I was young Christmas really was a magical time, it was so fun leaving cookies for Santa and every year we swore would be the year we were going to catch Santa in our living room. Why is it that that magic can't stay with us. This time of year I still really enjoy the spirit of people, the music, my family get togethers, but the whole not having enough gifts for each kids, what am I going to do for my neighbors this year? Is is nice enough? Did I spend enough? Am I forgetting about someone? AHHHHH is how I feel about it all, I want the magic back, I want the TRUE meaning of Christmas to come into my life and really mean something, not just talk about it but do things that reflect the real meaning of Christmas.
This year we had several secret santas, people we have no idea who they are showing up to our doors with bags and bags and bags of gifts for our children. Turkeys, food, wrapping paper, money, more money and treats. I was truly overwhelmed with gratitude in my heart for peoples thoughtfullness for my children. It is so very humbling to be on the recieving end, something I am not used to being on, but the last few months have had to suck up my pride and have been so greatful from the bottom of my heart for people out there who are so giving, Christ-like and sacrificed themselves to give to me and my family. I feel so blessed and know the Lord is watching over us and sent each of those people to my doorstep. Thank you to whoever you are, you will never know how much your kindness meant to me and the burden you lifted off my shoulders.


Marlee stuffing Cheerios inbetween her toes.


and when they stay inbetween her toes she is so shocked with joy!


Mya wasting no time to get in her dressups. Hey just maybe she will stay out of my langeria! (sp???)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Our ABC Family said...

I too am grateful for little Christmas miracles! We had some of that as well this year! They may never know how much it really means to us, and how appreciative and grateful we are!
I agree though, I feel the same way as you about Christmas, and it being so stressful. I love having kids because I think I feed of them and their excitment!
Love you Jamers!

Kristen said...

Hey Jamie! Loved seeing these posts! Your kids are getting so BIG! (Especially Trey)! He is so cute and those girls are adorable! I loved seeing the pictures and reading your narratives. I was laughing about the chapstick, cheerios, toes, toilet paper, mouth hanging open, sisterly love and thick frosting! Your kids seem to keep you busy . . . hmmmm. How you do it all, I don't know!! Anyway, I'm so happy that you had a great Christmas and that friends/family took care of you guys! One day you'll do that for someone else. I love you and can't wait to see you!!