Monday, October 10, 2011

MARLEE

We went into a halloween store and they had some decorations ghosts, witches of all sorts, even smoke filled the decor area. As I am walking through it with all the kids I was looking around thinking some of this is probably too scary for my kids. They had a man with his legs chopped off crawling around the floor, people with fake blood dripping out of their mouths ect. I get through that part with all kids and no tears luckily. We look at costumes for awhile and we are ready to leave the store when Marlee had wandered off (not at all and unusual thing for her to do) and I hear this terrifying screaming coming from the decor section! I look around to make sure all my children are with me and that must be someone elses child making such havoc. Oh wait though I was missing one, it was Marlee. I sprint, yes I really did sprint, the screaming sound like someone was killing her, and she was in the middle of all these pretty terrifying creatures. Marlee is standing face to face with a ghost which consisted of a stick with a sheet on it and two black eyes. No blood, no ugly face, screaming at this ghost. "No No snowman...(scream) you bad snowman, you scare me!) I proceded to grab her and calm her down. While doing this she kept telling me how mean that snowman was in there. How is it that my child was terrified of the most sweet, kid-friendly thing in the whole store which was surrounded by some pretty scary things. And 2 it was a ghost Marlee dear, not a snowman. Oh I love that child!

3 comments:

Lacey Jay said...

haha. i love mar mar. that totally made me laugh!

Tai and Joe said...

Hey, thanks for your sweet comment. I just sent Cassie a message to see if she has hear anything. Joe's parents haven't heard anything and they said that means he is still there. Your mom called on Sunday while we were there and I hear Rick say that. I will let you know when I hear from Cassie.
I have to tell you. Your kids seriously hilarious. I miss you and can't wait to be back so we can hang with you again.

Cj Caldwell said...

Only your kids, Jamus....brings back many memories... I love it!!!! and all you guys