Monday, March 10, 2008

The Greatest Man I Ever Knew

My Grandpa passed away last Sunday night. I wanted to express how much I loved him. He was the most honest, loyal, God fearing, compassionate, gentle, large, amazing man I ever knew. I have never heard him say an unkind thing of anyone. I was so blessed to have him as my grandpa and the ultimate example. After the furneral which was a very hard day for many people, Todd looked at me and said, "I can only dream of my furneral being like this one. To have each of my children speak the way each of his children spoke of him would be all I could ask for." My grandpa really was one in a million and touched so many lives. He left an imprint on anyone who crossed his path. He was so close to God, served Him and loved Him with all my grandpa had. The last few years were very hard to see him. He went from out hiking, biking, swimming us all to getting parkinsons, glacoma and eventually losing his sight. It was so hard to see him transform into this person we never thought possible. Although of the devasting disabilites that took hold of my grandpa he faced them with so much courage. Never ever ever complained, he took each new blow, and dealt with it. How hard it must have been. I know he is my grandpa again, the one that will outhike me and the full of life man I knew most of my life. I love you grandpa, I know your finally at peace now.
 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: