Sunday, July 4, 2010

Marlee's 1 yr stats

Marlee at one year weighs 23lbs, and as for the rest of the measurements, my wonderful nurses at the IHC place are still learning how to measure head and height. From the last visit she has shrunk an 1in and half. Yea I am so done with that place. Everytime I go in they screw up something, not to mention I have never been in and out in less than an hr and a half. Usually a typical visit for us is 3 hrs...its a dang joke. I have had so many issues, know I am to the point where I am ready to leave them! Anyways, knowing my daughter hasn't in fact shrunk an inch I don't know how tall she is or her head. But her weight, good thing the scale takes care of that! Marlee is not crawling or I should say the day of the appt (fri) she was not. I am not one of those parents who live in denial that nothing can be wrong with their kids. I am the other way, if my kid needs help or is behind I am all about gettting them the correct help and fast. The doc was like
"mmmmm she's not crawling?" "No, Im not too worried her older sister didn't crawl till 13 months and she is a perfectly normal child."
So she's not walking even? Nope, if shes not crawling shes probably not walking lady.
Is she walking along furniture? No my child does not do any form of walking in any way!
MMMMM, I am deeply concerned, she is extremely behind. She needs to be seen by some physical therpist and a few other options we need to get her into immediatley. She is very behind.

Ok people, I am not in denial, my children are behind, I never state that they arent. But wow really she doesn't need these 5 classes and diff doctors you swear she needs ASAP. She is fine, she is behind but she'll catch up. She acted like my kids needed to be saing the ABC's and doing backflips. My kid is fine, she will be fine. And Marlee proved her right. We got home from the docs and in all honesty it was like Mar knew what she was saying about her. I literally put mar on the floor when we got home with some toys and Marlee took off crawling. She is all over the place now. Way to show her Moo Moo I knew you would be just fine. And hey you beat your sister crawling by a month, so in my book your way ahead! Love you Marzie!

8 comments:

Trent and Steph said...

Looks like you guys had a great 4th of July or 3rd. If you are looking for a new doctor for the kids I would recommend Dr Justin Alvey at the Wee Care in Kaysville. I absolutely love him.

Brooke said...

That's great news that Marlee is crawling! Woohoo!

We see Dr. Gabrielson at the Wee Care in Layton and he is pretty awesome. He is an older guy and I have never had any problems and totally trust him with the care of our two babies! We really like him.

Lacey Jay said...

for the strangest reason that just brought tears to my eyes! WAY TO GO MARLEE!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you little girl. We are so proud of you! Way to show that doctor who's behind! :)

Cj Caldwell said...

YaHoo, you go girl! There will be not holding her back now.....Love you, all!

n.davis said...

yay marlee!!!!!!!! she's going to be going going going now!! :)

Cami said...

Jaymee-We go to grow up great pediatrics in Bountiful. The docters there are amazing and my appointments have NEVER gone over an hour, they are very organized! If you are looking for a new docter I would highly recomend them!! We see Dr. Gianinni and she is also an on-call dr. @ Primary Childrens so she is awesome!!

Kristen said...

Hooray for Marlee! That is so funny that the doctor was SO worried and then you went home and she took off!! LOVE IT--mother knows best right?!! That's awesome! It looks like you guys had an awesome 4th (minus the stinky boy stealing all the candy)! It was fun to see some pictures! I could ALMOST see your belly! I want to see your belly before you have that little guy! You look great and you're so lucky that you're always so small!! I am glad that you won't have to pack 23 extra pounds around as much anymore! Marlee is HUGE! I love it! I miss you guys and hope everything is going well.

CT said...

That is too bad about the doc appt. It is great she is on the move now which means more work, crawler are in to everything. She will be walking soon as well and that will be cute to see that little girl walk. I miss her and My and can't wait to see you all soon. Your the best jaymee and I love you and the girls as well. And Todd too.