Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I GOT A JOB


WEll I was trying to find a BIG smilie face to put with this post but uh yea this looks like a evil snarl more than a happy grin, but work with me. Ok so I am so so so so so excited. As you can tell from the title I got a job. Yesterday I got a call from Bountiful High School saying they wanted to interview me for the part time resource position they had available. Anyway today was the interview and it was a little intense. First off while I am sitting in the office there is 3 other people sitting there dressed like me and yes going for the same position. So we are all trying to be nice and civil but deep down you know we were all thinking... "I better get this job, I hope you screw up in your interview." Maybe I am just evil hearted and I was the only one thinking that but hey its a competitive world especially in the special ed department. (Wink Wink) I have interviewed for teaching positions last year and I don't remember them so scary. When I walked into the room there was 7 people at this huge round table, ok so I was instantly freaked, I don't know why they didn't just invite the whole dang teaching staff in. The questions were ok but I guess good enough for them cause five hours later I got the call from the principal saying I got the job. I will be teaching reading and English in a resource setting and a little bit of science. Don't even ask me about science, to be honest I always hated science and well yea still do. But I think I will be team teaching science cause I am not even qualified to teach that stuff. I will just work every A or B day whatever they deceide so it will be two days a week and than 3 days a week. It will work out perfectly in being a mom and a teacher. I am really scared and sad to leave Mya, but it will be a good choice for our family. Mya will be in good hands with my sister. I am so lucky to have her close and what a blessing to have family watch my little girl instead of some daycare. I just couldn't get myself to do the daycare thing. So I am so excited and cannot wait to teach high school kids. I love being around kids, I am really used to the Jr. High stage so HS will be a little different, Hopefully I like it as much as Jr.High. I will let you know how it goes.

Ok this picture has nothing to do with me getting a job. But Mya got the flu not to long ago, and it was awful. It is so sad to see them this small throwing up ALL NIGHT LONG. I honestly couldn't believe something so small had so much to throw up. It scared her everytime too, she did not know what was happening to her. It was so sad. Those who know me well know I have a phobia and well lets just say Todd was so good to hold her most the time she threw up while I held the barf bucket. We more practice though, we didn't work so well as a team and a couple of times her throw up ended up all over me rather than in the bucket...THANKS TODD!!! So I got in the shower and this is about 3 in the morning. I was so tired I could hardly function. As you can see we are both out cold. I love that little girl.

6 comments:

Trent and Steph said...

Congrats on the job. It will be fun for you to get away and be with others for a couple of hours. However it will be hard to leave your little one at first. It was hard for me the first couple of times leaving Cort, but it all worked out and I love being at work. I just wish I didn't have to work full time.

Lacey Jay said...

WAHOOOOOOO! I think I'm just as excited as you! I'm super proud of you Jam. You're SO smart... Of course you got the job, those others didn't stand a chance:) No, in all seriousness, I'm so happy for you. I know this is what you need, plus Amaiya gets to be with cousins during that time so it's perfect. I wish she was gonna be with me during that time... Oh I would love that. Anyway I LOVE YOU AND CONGRATS

n.davis said...

Congrats jamie. You deserve it. :D
and as for your sweet little baby, i hope she is feeling better. That picture is so cute of you two.
I love you all. If you need anything, give me a call. :D

nikki

Tai and Joe said...

Jamie, congrats on the new job! that is so exciting. You will do a great job. High school kids are crazy these days! I just know you will be great.
So sad about Mya with the flu, poor little thing. That is never fun. Glad she is doing better.

CHELSEY said...

Congrats Jamie! I am so excited for you! You'll do fab with the high school kids. `

Poor little mya! I think it's rude that little babies can get sick!

Brittany said...

I am so excited for your job too! It sounds perfect to me. We are going to be doing almost the exact same thing. They are trying to decide my schedule (Canyon View High School is also on the A-B schedule thing) I might be the every other day thing too or just every morning, they haven't finialized the schedule yet. I love these blogs so we can stay in touch. Mya looks so big and cute! I can't believe how fast time goes. We miss you guys, love ya!