Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The COOP

On Monday we headed down to Payson, and just a couple of weeks ago Todd's family came down to clear out the coop. This is what is left of the cute little thing. This coop has some history though, Todd's parents, lynn and cindy changed this chicken coop into a house. I know what your all thinking "NO WAY". But yes they did. They lived in it for awhile, not sure how many years, than soon after that I believe Todd's oldest brother lived in their with his wife Martha when they were first married. Or maybe they lived with the Todd's grandma who lives just across from this coop. Anyways after that Todd, Melissa, and Kitt (todd's siblings) have all had the great opportunity to live in this little house. It has been a great thing for their family exp. while the kids go to BYU and do their schooling they have a free place to live. Now when I first started dating Todd and he told me he a had a little house and it was underground, I was a little freaked. I was picturing this little, dark home with just a roof sticking out. Then he went on to tell me that is was actually a chicken coop at one time that his parent redid into a house. I was really confused than, I was like you live in a remodeled chicken coop? How much remodeling can you do to a chickens house? But let me tell you for all those people who are reading this thinking "what in the world", as I was when I first heard this. By the looks of the outside you think there is no way for a house to be inside that thing? There is and it really was cute, cozy little home. Todd lived there for I believe 6 or 7 years after his mission and has great memories there. His favorite part about it he says was living by his grandma who he would visit often. I was able to stay there on weekends on and off for 5 months while me an Todd were engaged. I still am shocked everytime I go in there at how great Lynn and Cindy made it. I even went when there was two single men living in the house hold, yes I was brave, you never know what you would find when you opened the fridge, nothing or a few bowls of something but it was so covered in mold you couldn't tell what it used to be. And than there would be the bathroom, well we won't go there, and don't even get me started on the toilet. In fact I remember visiting Todd one weekend, this is when Kitt and Todd lived there and I was so unbelievable grossed out with how filthy the place was. Exp the bathroom. I know Todd's family thinks I am a clean freak, ok so I really do have so OCD matters that I tend to really like things clean (thanks mom for giving me this wonderful quality). But really it was bad, I even know Cindy would have been mad to come to the house with the toliet the way it was. I remember not peeing all day, I couldn't get myself to sit on it and I just started crying my eyes out to Todd and told him I didn't think I could marry him. This though was sadly not a shock to hear those words from me, cause I said them way to much. Lets just say to keep it short, our engagment was a long, hard, frustrating, confusing one on my part. I was so terrified to get married I couldn't hardly breath. So poor Todd put up with a lot during our engangment. He asked now why I was crying and couldn't marry him. I told him his toliet was so gross I couldn't even pee in it and that in no way could I live like this. I look back and really its a funny story to me and Todd and we laugh at now, but when it was really happening I was so sad that my future husband lived so messy. Well for all of you married women I am sure you know a little of what I am talking about when I say a women really can make a difference. A bachelor pad will always be a bachelor pad. When a women moves in let me tell you, things look nicer, thats our nature. So anyways since we have been married Todd is so so so much better, but truly I know if he were to be back living in a bachelor pad tomorrow he would return living like one as well. Anyways this coop had to be torn down thanks to some angrey, bitter neighbor who thought it was awful as grandma tanner tells me "that those poor kids are living in a chicken coop". If she ever went inside she would see it really was a neat, little, cozy home!!! Guess she was too busy complaining to the county to go and see it for herself!!! Oh and the boards all over the window were not there, they were obvioulsly windows, but since they had to tear it all out they boarded up the place. I wish I would have gotten pictures of it before they tore it out!!!
 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: