Monday, June 23, 2008

I MADE IT


Ok so on Sunday, yesterday I flew out of SLC to Long Beach Cali, to come visit my little sister lacey. Well it was kind of a last minute decision and just put it together like a week ago. Ever since I knew I was coming I had this horrible feeling of going to the airport. I have flown a lot, flying is nothing new to me but flying alone is a new thing for me. I always was with friends, family, Todd and I just kind of followed them through the airport really having no idea at all where I was going or what I was doing. Well I told Todd I was really really scared to go to the airport by myself. He just laughed at first thinking, you fly a lot why would you be scared. He soon realized I was very serious and was terrified to do this thing. I had no clue how to check in, what flipping line to stand in in security and I was flipping out about the security line check. Every time I go through there you just get shoved through, it is such a fast paced line I was panicked to get through being rushed with mya, the stroller, diaper bag, suitcase, while pretty much undressing at the same time. Todd tried to reassure me of my fears and said I would be ok, people would see I had my hands full and slow down and probably even help me. I than had to explain that as a child I have been left at the airport twice by my OWN FAMILY. No they didn't realize I was missing once they got in the car, not even on the drive home did anyone think, "Jamie's not here." No not until my family got home and was talking with my aunt who we had picked up at the airport did my mom say, "Where's Jamie I haven't seen her." No they wouldn't have seen me cause at that time, after crying and wondering a security guard picked me up and I was sitting in a back room with a huge round table. I got an airplane coloring book and a sucker. My mom finally came back and picked me up after I was ruined and scared for life!!!( ok so I really wasn't, I got over it). My family blames me cause I was addicted to watching those turning things that the luggage comes on. I was fascinated by it and would just stare forever, that's about when my family walked off without me. I don't know how long I was there starring at that thing before I looked up and no one was by me besides these strange strangers.
So after I explained my story to Todd and told him I really have a fear of getting left in some random airport or even worse boarding the wrong plane and ending up in Fuji or some crazy country. He still assured me I would do fine. He dropped me off at the airport but came in with me to help me get my ticket and walk me to security. I know what a lot of you are thinking 'are you kidding me Jamie your not 10 years old you can't board a plane by yourself'. The answer is no, I had my fears as we ALL do right? So anyways I but through security line, cause they let you with kids or elderly so I am get through and the airport man tells me to just merge into line well my hands are extremely full and I am trying to nudge the stroller into line. Do people not just keep walking in front of me like I am not even there? HELLO PEOPLE...this must be that "help" Todd said I would get. My phone starts ringing and its Todd and he says get in line, butt in. I turned back and he was still standing back where he left me as I got in line for security. I didn't know he was still there. I explained to him on the phone they won't let me in they just keep walking over me. He was getting so frustrated I could tell, he was like Jamie just butt in, push the stroller in front of them and get in. I did finally and got through ok. I actually found my gate on the first attempt, which shocked me. Really the signs that say GATE A1 is really quite large, I don't think I could miss it if I tried. But as I got to my gate they were just boarding the last people so I barely made it.
So for all of those who were worried about me making it, I did and I survived ok. Oh and to make matter worse I called Lac the night before and told her I was really nervous about landing cause I had never been to her airport and had no clue where I was going. If anyone has landed in LB Cali airport would laugh at this. She told me it was the smallest airport in the world and that it would be impossible to get lost. Not true when we are talking about me. I have gotten lost going to my own house before, I probably should not admit that though. Anyways she said it was so small you get off plane and there is no terminal you walk through its just stairs as you get out of plane. (this threw me off I thought only the President and other important people got to walk down stairs of the plane.) And than you just walk under this carport thing and grab your luggage from only one turny thing. She said she would be standing right there under the carport and she would get my luggage for me and be right there. So there I am standing under a carport looking thing....yea there is no Lacey, no Seth for that matter. I am thinking you are kidding me, did I take the wrong flight, what are the chances of another airport having a carport that you get your luggage at? I was thinking, I am lost, I know Lacey would be here. I call Lacey and said where are you? I am at a carport thing and you are not here. Well Lacey was late cause they were having car seat difficulties. Needless to say I arrived ok and in one piece. And Mya is a trooper and so brave to travel with her crazy, non-confident, easy to get lost mother.
I am in Cali now and it is so beautiful, but so bloody hot. I think this humidity is going to kill me and Mya. I hate HOT HOT temp. 85 is perfect for me this over 100 degrees thing is not COOL! I will be posting fun pictures later of my fun trip. Till than have a good week!

6 comments:

A and L Stapley said...

wow.. it sounds like you had quite the eventful trip just to LB. That sounds like half your vacation already. Have fun!

Trent and Steph said...

I'm glad you made it okay. Have a fun vacation and try not to die from all the heat.

Our Lifes Treasures said...

LOL!!! I'm sorry Jamie, but that was freaken hilarious to read. I love reading your blog. Anyway's I'm glad you made it safe, I hope you have a wonderful trip. Tell Lacey I say Hi and Congrats on her comming arrival. Oh yea, read my cousins blog again, I think Lacey might enjoy it. And one more thing, I promis I'm really not as big of a flake as you might think, but Thursday is my kids Feild day at school, But after that I promis were going to go to the dang park. Please forgive me.

Our Lifes Treasures said...

One more thing, I talked to Sariah today, she's in farmington this whole week for her brothers wedding and wanted to do lunch. I don't know when your coming home, but if it's this week give me a call.

Tai and Joe said...

How fun! I am jealous you get a vacation. I just sent you an email about Nikki's shower will you be back on Saturday? I was wondering if I could meet you there if you are going?

Brittany said...

Oh Jamie, I feel your pain. I have flown my entire life probably over 100 times, but for some reason with kids I just panic and panic every single time. Which doesn't help because Hunter has been with me to Utah 10 times already and again next week. Poor kid. Anyway, your family is just too stinkin' cute and I hope you had tons of fun in Cali with Lacey. Tell her hi for me!