Monday, June 1, 2009

On a Positive Note

Sorry last post was a bit angrey, this post will be a bit more upbeat. Although TOdd was not going to make a career of Home Depot it was just something to get him through school, still sucked the way they treated him. But there is an up side to all situations. Of course him not having that job is a huge negative finacial wise, but it has given me a lot in return. I have faith that something will come and that some of the leads we have on some jobs will work out. This is all just a test of Faith right now. The nice thing of having Todd home has been:
-Those who know me know I HATE to cook. HATE is a strong word I realize that and it couldn't fit more perfectly in a sentence than it can with cooking. But having Todd home he has been cooking most the meals and it has be wonderful. Exp being so prego I have zero desire to make anything, nothing sounds good, but he has been so sweet to cook for me.
-I have my husband back! The last few months or so he has been so onery, rude and well just taking all of his anger out on his wife when he gets home. I know he was super super stressed working two jobs and going to school he was losing his mind but it was me that he got all of his anger out on and I was really starting to hate it. He is back to normal again. He is his sweet, loving self again and being so kind to me.
-Were getting projects done around the house, we just about finished out planter box out front, just needs more dirt and flowers, all the painting is done that we needed to do outside the house. He has been making the cutest little projects with Mya too. Pictures coming...
-Mya is LOVING having her daddy home. She thinks it's a party everyday. She says "daddy home, no work." He has been so cute with her taking her on walks, playing outside, reading books, things he never did before because he was SO BUSY!
- TIME! We have been doing fun family things for like the last 5 days. I honeslty don't know what that's like. It has been so fun to spend time with both him and Mya going to different parks and playing in the water and whatever else we can think of. I forgot how much Todd was gone and how much of a single mother I felt like.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Hey There! That is pretty messed up about Home Depot! I can't believe they did that to Todd! I know you guys will be blessed and while you are waiting for something great to happen . . . it's so nice that you can spend time together and have some fun! You both need that! We will be praying for you guys!

Lacey Jay said...

reading your last post got me angry all over again...

This post made me much happier.. ha ha. Really though, there is good in everything. It's totally brought time that your family was in need of. The Lord doesn't forget us it's just he's ways of giving us blessing isn't always so clear. Something will turn up, Todd's to good of a worker for it not too. LOVE YOU- BE THERE SOON:)