Thursday, July 2, 2009

Marlee Rhetta Tanner

Marlee came in all her glory June 25th as planned at 7:45 in the morning! The C-section went well, I didn't particulary enjoy the whole numbing feeling and the extreme pressure in my lungs when they were reaching for her. It really is an unexplainable feeling to be honest with you. The recovery is a lot harder for me though not being able to lift anything over 10 lbs for 6 weeks has been really hard as well as not doing cleaning or anything. The recovery will be long and hard exp with a 2year old running around but we'll make due some how. Marlee was born in perfect health, so it is true babies can live off cereal in the womb. I had a bowl pretty much everyday.
Mya has been doing ok with it all. When my mother in law and aunt, who watched Mya for us when me and Todd were in the hospital, brought Mya to the hospital the first two days she did not have hardly anything to do with me nor the baby. It broke my heart, she wouldn't sit by me or anything. I think she was a bit mad for me leaving her for 3 days and that was her way of showing it. It was really hard for me to be away from her but we managed. Me and Todd are both so grateful for Roacha and Grandma Cindy for coming down and taking such good care of Mya for us and me as well. Since I have been home, they have cooked, cleaned, entertained Mya just have done it all for me. I am very very grateful for them coming to help while I get back on my feet. Mya is slowly warming up to Marlee, at first she didn't want anything to do with her but now she is giving her little kisses and is obsessed with her hands. Mya always wants to grab her little hands.
Todd is doing very well, he is truly the most amazing man I could have ever gotten. He has been so wonderful through all this. He slept all three nights with me at the hospital and would not leave my side for a minute. I kept telling him he could go home but he refused. He has been such a rock lately. I have been so emotional and the first couple of days after my c-section were really hard on me and he has been there continually to pick up the pieces. I love Todd so very much and know he was the man that was for me. Ever since we have been home he helped me to the bathroom in the middle of the night and he helped me do any little thing I needed. It has been a very humbling experience for me. I have never been so needy in my life, having to ask people to put Mya on my lap or help me in and out of a car has been a very humbling experince. I am so grateful for Todd and his patience and unconditional love for me and his two girls. I love you Todd and thank you so much for being the husband and father that we need.
 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Erika said...

She is adorable Jaime. I am so happy things went well, and you are home with your beautiful family.

Tai and Joe said...

She is a cutie. I can't wait to meet her. You look amazing. We love you. Congrats on the little one.

Brooke said...

Happy one week birthday baby Marlee! She is beautiful Jamie! I'm so glad that everything went well. I love all of the pictures...especially the one of you sleeping with her in your arms. You are such a good mommy! I hope you start to feel better soon so I can come visit you. I'm dying to see her!!

A and L Stapley said...

Congratulations! She is so adorable... and you have such a beautiful family!

Heather said...

Congrats. She's beautiful!

Matthew and Lindsey said...

How exciting Jamie!! She is so cute!! I cant believe that you have two babies already!!

Jeff and Rayni Dean said...

Congratulations!! She is so adorable!! And you still look beautiful after delivering her! Let me know when you come through town again.

Angela Montgomery said...

Our baby girls have the SAME b-day!