Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mom Day

Mothers Day was so great this year, the best one I have ever had. Ok so it was my first one I ever had, but Todd was so great. He made my most favorite breakfast, SCONES...I know not very healthy but obviously I don't care. Mya wrote me a letter, with her daddy's help. I just cried it meant so much to me. I really got thinking yesterday as I sat in church what an honor it is to be a mother. Even before I got married I was not sure how I would be as a mother. I don't have great patience and I really wanted a career. And although neither of those qualities nor desires have changed, I never ever would take back being a mother. I feel like motherhood has come harder to me than others, just because the way I am. I know the first couple of weeks when I brought Mya home I was like what in the world have I done? I had no clue what I was doing, and the crying all night and fussiness, I just wanted to pull my hair out. Infact for the first 6-7 months after having Mya I swore she would be my only child. Don't get me wrong, those of you who know Mya knows she is the greatest child ever, so happy, rarely cries except when hungrey or tired (can you blame her?) People who watch her for me can't understand why I don't want more. They tell me if they could have children as Mya is they would have 8 children. I don't know what it was but for awhile there I just felt that I was not cracked up to be a mother. But know Mya is about 10 months and I love being a mother. I still have my bad days, and overwhelming days. I think wow what an honor I get to teach this precious child everything she knows, how to do things, teach her how to live right and teach her about our savior and this great gospel we have here on earth. Than it hits me, wow, this is one thing in my life I cannot fail at. I must teach her and do everything in my power to help her through this rough life. It can be overwhelming. I love being a mother playing with her. These are some of my most favorite things about being a mom.
1. Making or watching Mya giggle when you shake a blanket in front of her face.
2. Watching her discover sounds she can make, yes even when I am feeding her and she discovers how to spit.
3. Picking her up when she feel off the couch for the first time. There is always a fist time....and a second...and a third.
4. Reading her books, even though she has no clue what I am talking about.
5. Watching her personality grow even the new but not so fun stages. She is lately been having some mini tantrum fits. There really quite funny.
6. Watching her light up when her dad walks in the room.
7. Watching Todd bath and dress her for the day. He is so cute with her and assures me he knows what to do and how to do it when I tell him how to do it.
8. The priceless moments of a quick snuggle, which trust me never ever happen with Mya.
9. The exciting outlook on her future, I get to help her dream and make them come true.
10. I get to be a wife of the most amazing man I know, who I wouldn't trade for anything.
Thank you Todd for making my mothers day so special. Mya/dad got me a badmitton set and we played a hard core tournment in our backyard on Sunday.

1 comment:

Lacey Jay said...

This post made me cry. I ALWAYS knew you'd grew into being a mom. It's because of my sister's and their family's that make me want to have one of my own so bad. I'll take Amaiya in a heartbeat on your 'bad' days. Deal?! LOVE YOU