Monday, May 12, 2008

YES...were redneck

Ok so on friday I get this call from cookie, a close family friend that the next few nights were supposed to be really cold weather and my tomatoes would probably freeze if I didn't get caps on them. THis is my first garden I have ever planted so I didn't want to have anything die. So I set out on friday evening to find tomato caps for my tomatoes. Well this was no easy task. I searched J and J Nursery, this other little nursery (can't remember name), walmart, shopko in Ogden and in Layton, and Home Depot and Lowes. Do you think not one store had one cap? No none of them did. I had 4 tomato plants to cover and 4 pepper plants. I was way frustrated after the night of searching and called Todd to tell him our plants were going to die. I was super sad, I really like planting my garden with my mom and sista and here I was going to be killing things not even two weeks later. Todd is SO CREATIVE though, he always comes up with something. So he got home from work at about 10:30 that night and this is what we came up with. Were not about to let our garden die. It has been a huge pain not having a garbage can in any of the rooms in the house, and just walmart sacks hanging on all the doors for trash, but if it saves our garden we will sacrifice. AH AH AH This pic is of the following morning. Oh the reason for the rocks is cause the wind was picking up a bit so they were needed to hold down the fort. Yes the one gray one is a flower pot. Whatever works people!
 

 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lacey Jay said...

That is so funny! What to be a thinker Todd. I wish I liked tomatoes... EWWWW.

Jesse said...

Jamie!!!
It is so good to hear from you! I would love to catch up with you too. Email me at jessemf219@hotmail.com. Also, I would love to send you an invitation to my wedding. I hope everything is going well for you. Talk to you soon.

Jesse

Our Lifes Treasures said...

hey jamie i found your blog!!! Thats funny about the tomatoes cuz i was seriously thinking about starting my own little garden just today. Your pics are so dang cute and amaiya could not be any cuter. lets get together, my honey is gone now so i need a friend.

Kerstin said...

just wanted to say hi! hope you are doing good-love the pics!