Saturday, January 16, 2010

Power of Prayers

WOW what a week it has been. Marlee got very sick on Monday afternoon with a fever of 104.3. She was up all night just screaming, nothing I did calmed her in any way. I didn't know what was wrong, she didn't have a sign of a cold, not pulling at her ears, nothing, just would cry and had a horrible fever. The next day I ran her into the pedetrician at the IHC here in Layton, they at first didn't know what was wrong with her either. I told them basically I was not leaving without anwsers this time, they always just say must be some weird virus. But I knew something was really wrong with her, I just knew it. So they put a cathiter (sp?) up her and tested her urine. They did a quick check and sure enough they said her urine was very infected. So from there they attempted to draw blood, which really got me annoyed because they burst through 4 veins on her arm than attempted to draw blood from her head. I thought I was going to lose it!!!! Serioulsy if you can't draw blood on an infant than say so and I will go to the hospital and they are pro's at it. But to keep attempting to draw the blood and break through all her viens while she is screaming! Never again will I let them draw blood from her, I will take her to the hospital! At this point Mya is screaming for Marlee. She see's Marlee just freaking out and while they poke her everywhere. When they came to draw blood from her head Mya was hitting the doctors telling them to leave her sissy alone. It more than broke my heart. I had to take Mya out of the room, Mya was hystical and I didn' want her to see that but I was by myself, was I supposed to leave Marlee all alone in the room while they tortured her? Well, that's what ended up happening. I had no choice, I sat in the waiting room with Mya just balling my eyes out feeling like the worst mom in the world for not being in there for Marlee. I wanted Todd there so bad to help out with one of the kids, but he was at work up in Provo. They finally let us back in to tell me they got no blood, they broke through all the viens. I was furious. They said to go home with the antibiotics they sent me and if she was still bad in 24 hours go to the emergency room. They were worried infection could have gotten into her kidneys'. Right go home hoping this infection didn't spread to the kidneys or blood stream. I went home and felt sick about everything. Idiots, couldn't draw any blood so they sent me home hoping she would be ok, knowing that it was a serious infection! After an hour of being home I knew I had to do something more. We packed up the girls and headed for Primary Childrens Hospital. We got there about 8 and as we were walking in the doors she projected vomit like no 6 month old can, like no adult. She literally was sitting in a puddld of vomit in her car seat she was covered haead to toe and it was draining out of her car seat! For the next 5 hours they poked her to death again, but I knew I was in the right place and they were going to find me anwsers. We didn't get a room until 2:30 in the morning. Poor Marlee was beside herself! I felt horrible. There is no night and day at Primary's. They are a fabulous hospital don't get me wrong, but all hours of the night, they just walk in flip the lights on, poke her with needs do testing, take her for x-rays 1, 2, 3, 4 in the morning. It got very frustrating, every hour someone was waking her up for something. In fact one morning I had a lady barge through the door af 5:00 AM flip lights on Marlee wakes up again screaming and this hispanic lady who I could not understand says "you play bingo, you play?" I was like what bingo. "Yes yes you sign up to play bingo you want to play?" I was furious, no it's 5 in the morning I don't want to sign up for bingo and you just woke my very sick, tired 6 month old! UGH. I know they were all just doing their jobs but it made for extremely long nights getting her back to sleep everytime someone came and drew blood or did vitals just to be woken up an hour later. Marlee had several several several tests done, ranging from Luekemia to a stomach virus, to bad kidneys and needing a kidney transplant. You can imagine my emotions through this week when there was a chance of these things. I was beyond sick to my stomach, at times I felt like I wasn't even in this world, I just simply floated when I heard those things. I have never prayed so hard in my life! After days and days of testing and misery for Marlee, and days and days of puking her guts out and one blow out after another they found the problem. She got E coli, which lead to a severe bladder infection, a UTI, possible her kidneys are infected have to go back next week to have them tested, and was diagnosed with RSV! I know is it possible a 6 month old could be so sick, it is , and it was and still is horrible to watch her puke a days worth of bottle up. She just cries and you feel so helpless knowing she is in pain. As of now we are home she is still puking and have blow outs which the doctors were really hoping she would have stopped that by now. If she continues to do this she will be readmitted into the hospital! I am praying the puking slows down! Nights is when it is the worst for her. Doc said UTI are very painful for little babies so she is in a lot of pain so I am keeping her on IB profen and Tylonel! I can't wait for this nightmare to be over, to have a normal life again and for my baby to be herself once more.
I have to tell all those who stepped in and helped thank you from the bottom of my heart. Lac thanks for taking care of Mya for us while we stayed in the hospital, I was worried about her as well and I am so glad she was in good hands, it lessened my stress a lot. THanks for being so good to her, it meant the world to me. Chel thanks for playing Taxi for us as we forgot keys and forgot car seats and all the other stuff we kept forgetting. Thank you for being there to help out, we owe you. Cookers thanks for letting me run down to your house and shower and see Mya for a couple of hours as well as running around all over the valley to pick up my keys I left in Chels car and was stranded at your house. Thanks for leaving work to take me back up to hospital, and for taking us home when we were released cause we couldn't all fit in our car. And for everyone else for your prayers, I promise they were felt, I had some very very dark nights laying in the hospital couch watching my baby hurting where I felt I could not bare it anymore. It was than I felt such comfort from my Savior on behalf of your prayers in her name. No mother wishes this upon their child but it was so nice to have the power of the priesthood to give her blessing. My cousin Joe and Todd gave Marlee a blessing which brought me much comfort. Thanks Joe for leaving work to help us with that. I really can't express my gratitude enough! Thank you again. Keep you posted on how the little one is doing. I will have pictures up soon!

7 comments:

Trent and Steph said...

I hope things start to get better for you and Marlee and that she doesn't have to be readmitted into the hospital. Let me know if you need anything.

linds said...

man jamie, hang in there. let me know if you need anything. we will keep you in our prayers.

Cami said...

wow! What a week. I will keep you in my prayers. Brinley has a bladder infection right now also, not as severe but I wonder what has caused them to get it. If you need anything let me know!! I'm home all day so i can help. Love ya!

Tai and Joe said...

Oh Jamie I'm so sorry. I feel awful. I'm so glad Joe was able to help. We we keep praying for you guys. If you need anything please let us know.

Cj said...

Jamie, what a nightmare. I am so sorry that poor Marlee and your family is going through this craziness. I can't help but feel a little sick knowing what you are experiencing. Please let me know how I can help.

CT said...

Welcome to the Tanner family blog! This is our family update communication center filled with fun photos and great memories. I hope to catch life's little moments and record them and share them with you all on here.

wilson4 said...

Jamie, I'm so sorry about all this. Wow. I was in tears just reading about it. It made me remember how I felt when Rubie was born and had to stay in the hospital. Except what you went through is worse because it took so long to figure things out. Our prayers are with you. We love you guys.