Sunday, January 24, 2010

Potting Training or Lack there of

I am giving up. Mya showed extreme interest back in Sept Oct. Than it died, underwear was no more appealing, potty she hated, so I backed off. Recently I have tried to pick in up again, in full force...I swear this kid does not want to be potty trained. In two days I have gotten her to go pee twice and poop once in toilet. I have just put underwear on her and if she accidents than she does. But I take her to the potty every 30 to 1 hour most of the time she is crying and doesn't want to go and she just whines on the potty that she is done. She also is hardly peeing, and pooping so I think she is holding it in and all days she has been crying to me her belly hurts and I am sure it is cause she is holding in her poop!UGh I have always heard don't push your kid if there not ready. So I think I am pushing her and she is not ready. These people who have had their kids trained in two days....what??? How we are no further along than we were two days ago. When are they ready? When they stop crying when you take them to potty or do they always do that? I really have no idea, I pretty much suck at potty training. So I need feedback from you mothers that have done it. Is she not ready if she is crying and screaming when you take her to potty? After 2 days I am done, its so frustrating fighting it every 40 or so min. So I just give up for now and try later? HELP!

8 comments:

Trent and Steph said...

You really need to try that 3daypottytraining.com. It really does work. My cousins kid is the most stubborn kid ever and she was able to do it in 4 days, but you have to follow her book exactly for it to work. You can only buy an electronic copy from her website. I wish you luck. Even with doing everything the book says it still isn't easy, but so worth it.

Lyndsie said...

The same thing happened to me! I was trying to get Kamryn to potty train and just accident after accident! I gave up! Then one day we were at Target and I let her pick out her own pack of underwear. Dora of course. And when we got home I just let her play with her "dola" Underwear. She carried it around, put it in her purse. I would sometimes ask her if she wanted to Put on her doras and she would say no. But then she started saying yes. SO we put on the underwear and just told her no potty in the Doras! And she started going all by herself and has been good ever since. She still wont go poop, but I hear that is really hard, So i am just going to master the pee thing first.! Good luck!

Brooke said...

Try a sticker chart, fun books to read while going potty, and make her drinks LOTS so she will definately have to go. Maybe go to the store and let her pick out a drink or treat. At first potty training was REALLY tough. I seriously sat with L for hours. We brought the DVD player in the bathroom and then eventrually moved it out to the living room and he sat there and watched movies. HAHA We are fully pee trained but the pooping is the WORST! I want to put Landon in underwear because he is doing so good at telling us he has to go number one (plus training pants are so expensive) but then if he does, he almost always has pooping accidents. GOod luck Jamie!

porter said...

jamie people told me all kinds of things with my boys. i started my first at 2 and he was interested but didnt go when he needed to. let me tell you what i find and this is my own opinion. i fought him all the time to go and the thing i noticed is it only set him back. he was 3 when he finally decided he was ready and in 2 days we where done with both. my second was ready at 18m and then had a set back at 25 months. and he was 3 when he decided again 2 days. each kid is different. you can fight them but from what i have seen with friends that have fought them that they are potty trained but they continue to have accidents as they call them and he is now 5 and still pees his pants.The kids will not do it if they are not ready. Just keep working with her when SHE wants to. dont make it a bad experience. it is had. but keep working with her. best of luck

Cami said...

Jamie i feel your pain!! I am trying to do it with Cade right now and i gave up last week too!!! if you find something that works let me know!!! Love you hope all is well!

Our ABC Family said...

Hang in there girl! Aaden was the same way. I had to wait till he was ready, and then with some bribery, we were able to get him finally there. Don't compare her to other kids her age that are potty trained as well, I found I was doing that a lot and you really can't. They all do things in their own time at their own pace. hang in there, it WILL happen!

Lacey Jay said...

That does not sound fun and I'm sure Mason is going to give me HECK when that time comes... With Ebby I gave her one M&M or Skittle after she went. That helped a TON! I know you may not be for the candy thing but it may help just to start:) Good Luck. I love yoU!

Kristen said...

Wow! Jamie! How are you doing? How are your girls? i can't believe how sick little Marlee was!! Is she back to her happy, chunky self yet? I hope so! Wow. We spent time in the hospital too and it is so hard--I felt so torn between Kev and Bri! I am glad you are home now. Potty training is fun. Don't push her it will only make it worse. Kev is getting there--he still wears a diaper to bed. One day. Anyway, hope you are all doing well. I miss you. I know you are super busy so I'm glad to get the updates on your blog! Love you!