Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What 3 kids have Taught me...Thus far

My life before 3 kids...With only 2. I had the girls dressed, hair done and and breakfest fed and cleaned up by 8 everymorning. I was showered and ready for the day by 9. I went about my day doing errands that needed to be done. Don't get me wrong I had my very stressful moments with just the 2 girls, but nothing prepared me for 3 kids all being so dang young.

My life Now...I don't get breakfast at all, not when all 3 kdis are screaming at once demanding they get fed. I only get the luxary of a shower about every other day. Make-up whats that? Most days I don't even get 5 minutes to put a bra on, I am in my pj's most days. I haven't dared leave the house yet, don't think I have the arm muscles to carry the baby carrier and my 23lb one yr old that can't walk yet, and trying to run after Mya as she loves to take off in parking lots!

People say my life will calm down and in a few years I will look back and see the hardspot I overcame with having my kids so close. I too believe I will do that...that is I am still alive in 5 years.

5 comments:

n.davis said...

hahaha, oh man! you're so cute. i don't even get
dressed and put a bra and makeup on with one kids..i'm in so much trouble. haha.

you looked fantastic, by the way. seriously. i seriously couldn't believe you had just had a baby! you're such a fun mom, and such an amazing person!

love you.

Jocelyn and Ryan said...

That's not the post I wanted to read :) But everyone I've talked to who have had kids close together say it's SOOO worth it down the road and how they wouldn't have changed it now looking back. So for now, just take it day by day and who cares if you're still in your pjs at 5pm? Hang in there!

CT said...

You make me laugh with this post, I guess because it is soooo true. It seems your always two days behind and to hear it will past is almost unbearable. They say to enjoy the moment, I say what moment? It's all a blurr. I do love you and my heart is full of graditude for you each day as you care for my sweet grandchildren and forget yourself and serve them. The Lord has a word for that kind of lady. It is his favorite word...Righteous Mothers. Words reserved for people like you and your good friends, mother and sisters. I do love and know you will succeed in what ever you do.

Cami said...

Welcome to my life my love!!!! It honestly gets easier once you get use to the kaos!! I can't wait to see you with volleyball!! Oh and Treyvin is Todd Jr.!! What a cute little boy!!

Shane and Paige said...

You go girl!!! I love that you tell it like it is!!! And hey you will have good looking arms!