Friday, March 13, 2009

CaliFORNia


Well here are some pictures of my fun vacation. There is a lot, sorry as you can see we did a lot of things!

I am the most NON spontaneous person on the face of the earth. I like schedules, I love routines and have a hard time doing things last min. So I did exactly the opposite. Last Friday I was instant messaging my little sister who was telling me mom was heading out to her house there in Cali. I was so jealous, I have been wanting to go to Cali so bad and see her. I was like well I coming. Lac response was funny jam, you don't have the money. I was like really I want to come, book me a flight, I will never have money so better now than later. That's how it all started. So the next day I flew out at 8 in the morning and the rest is history. So unlike me and no one minute do I regret. I got a killer deal on tickets last min I could not believe my luck, I like to think it was meant to be!
Things we did in Cali:
Went to observation lookout in which you can overlook the whole city of LA. IT is beautiful and has an awesome little museum to walk around in. Than on the outside there is hundreds of dirt hikes going off in tons of diff directions. My mom of course was like lets take a STROLL. We start off on this STROLL and Lac says' mom this one takes you clear to the top of Bunker Hill, it's no little hike. My mom's reply " oh sweetie we won't go all the way just a little ways." From that point on we knew we would go all the way. Now lets clarify the difference between STROLL and HIKE A FREAKIN MOUNTAIN, and the difference between Hill and Mountain. First a stroll is a nice relaxing walk if you will, you can even hold a conversation cause your not breathing hard. What we did is not a STROLL. It was steep like 95% if the way, 5% flat. I could hardly breath by the third switch back. I was disgusted with myself thinking, gosh am I really this out of shape. I mean I know I am 6 months prego but seriously I can't breath. My amazingly in shape mom was pushing the stroller in it with MYa and I got feeling really bad. So I took over for like 1 min and I started having crazy cramping all over in my stomach and gut like minor contractions. I was like holy cow I am going to birth Marlee right here on this mountain. My mother probably seeing the pain in my face thankfully took over the stroller again. Hill: Small round thing coming off the ground. Mountain: Steep, uphill, rocky thing coming out of the ground. Just clarifying cause it is called Bunker HILL should be Bunker MOUNTAIN! Me and Lac did make it to the top for those of you who are wondering and it was beautiful, I am just glad Marlee did not come early. On the way down is when I realized how steep it really was. IT was quite a hike so I don't feel so out of shape now.
We also went to the beach a couple of times and walked along the coast. In which Mya loved playing in the sand with grandma but you got her near the water and she had a nervous breakdown. The ocean terrifies her. The weather was nice and perfect for walks along the beach.
We also went to the fish aquarium down on the port. It was so neat. Well not going to lie, I was completely and utterly disgusted by some of the things in those tanks, uggg like the mother of all lobsters. No exaggeration this beast was the size of a 1 year old. SO GROSS. ALso there was some nasty snails that had tongues like snakes and they were eating. Other than a few sicking things it was really neat and Mya loved looking and the fish.
We also went to a water shore down on the port. Just like Vegas it plays really loud music and water dances to it. It was really neat and pretty, once again, Mya not a fan of the water show, I felt so bad, what is it with her and being scared of water. She loves baths!
Things I learned while on my mini vacation
1. It is impossible to leave the house before noon with two children. It just did not happen.
2. Some life guards will actually let you walk on their beach stand and take a picture with you.
3. Public restrooms, it does not matter where in Cali are the grossest thing. Everywhere I went to the bathroom was so gross, I would have rather held it in if the pain was not unbearable.
4. My little sisters cooking is the GREATEST. That is coming from a very boring eater (me) and a pro chef (Lacey). I ate like a queen. First time in 6 months I did not have a bowl of cereal at least once a day.
5. Hanging out with your sister and mom is the greatest way to spend a vacation. It was so fun!
6. Don't bring up the topic about things that bug you about each other or each other weaknesses, it only ends in anger, tears, laughing, more tears and more laughing.
7. DON"T EVER FLY with a child in the middle seat and having a 6 month prego belly. The way there sucked and I could not move an inch with mya crawling all over me. I felt so smothered I wanted to cry. Mya was an angel and did so good though.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Ohhh it looks like you had so much fun! I'm glad :) I liked your story about the hike. HAHA. I would of died too, trust me! I looked at all of your pictures and I still can't even tell you are pregnant-no fair!


I laughed when I saw that you finally posted a ticker. GOod for you!!!!!

Cj Caldwell said...

I sure do love ya, Jamus. Hope I can still out-hike you in another 5 years.

Angela Montgomery said...

Fun times. Be careful on those strolls up big mountains. maybe you can do that to put you into labor in a few months! How is everything else? We had fun 4 our Spring Break & got 2 see Mike & Kriten. Hope u guys are doing good!