Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Teacher of the Year

So yesterday as I was teaching my English Class, sitting behind my desk I noticed this spider come crawling across my paper. For those of you who don't know, I am TERRIFIED of spiders, I hate even looking at them, they make me sick to my stomach. Grossest creatures to ever roam this earth. I know I know...they are good have in your yards because they eat things...No people, spiders do not need to exist in my house or in my yard. Because of this strong belief I have I pay someone to come and spray my house every 3 months, I cannot handle spiders. Anyway, back to my story. I did with all my power happen to hold the scream in my throat as I first saw this little man crossing over MY papers. I soon took action know I couldn't lose site of him. I yelled at the kid sitting closest to my desk to grab a kleenex and come get this spider. I jumped up and got the tissue but the way he was going in for the kill I could tell he was going to smash the spider on my papers and that would not happen. I could not have spider guts on my lesson plan books. So I yelled once again "don't smash it on my papers, just grab it and smash it in the kleenex." How hard is that people? Not a very hard task I would think, so what does he allow to happen. He kinda of grabs the spider and than takes 3 seconds to examine the spider, mean while the spider crawls off the kleenex and yes! It drops on the floor.
Are you kidding me, you have got to be kidding me! Immedietly I was like Earl where is the spider you just dropped it didn't you. HE looks at me worriedly and says No Mrs.Tanner it's here in the kleenex as he hurries to throw the Kleenex away. Well I know that trick, Todd has tried that one to many times on me where he says he caught the dang spider off the ceiling and really it dropped. So I made him get the kleenex out of the garbage and show me a fast glance at it's guts. I was correct, there was no spider guts in that kleenex. That meant that spider was crawling on my floor right by my desk. I than took action again and had all my kids get on the floor around my desk looking for the spider. THey all complained that the carpet was 80's carpet (i have to agree, it's an old school ok) and that they were unable to locate the spider cause it blends in the old school carpet. I was not in the mood for excuses. I could not possible teach with that thing crawling around my desk. I finally allowed the kids to stand after giving it a decent search. Class was soon after out in which I couldn't go back to my desk all day.
HEre it is the end of the day and I am still freaked out that that spider is somewhere by now on my desk again. I had to reply to some teachers emails so I was forced to take my place again at my desk. As I was typing an email to my principal the fire alarm goes blazing off. I was like are you kidding me. So I quickly gathered my things to just leave for the day and I took one last glance back to the computer to make sure I turned it off. There HE was crawling across my screen, but it was just me and that ugly thing. SO I was brave and I smashed that spider. I felt so much better and such relief that it was found again! As I drove home I got thinking oh crap what if that was not the same spider and I have a sac in my room and that was another one! Oh gross! Ok your right I so need a life and to worry about something else! But come tomorrow I will be coming armed with spider spray, just incase there is a sac in my room. UGGGG!

2 comments:

Trent and Steph said...

That is so funny. I wish I could have seen the kids on the floor looking for it.

Lacey Jay said...

Lets just think of it as your kids getting a BROAD education:) ha ha