Monday, July 14, 2008

Silly sleeper

Mya is a funny baby. When we put her down me and todd will go and check on her like 30 min after we lay her down. This for different reasons, sometimes it's just cause I miss her and need to see her but also because Mya likes to put her chunky legs in between the bars in the crib...yes if you are wondering there is no way she can get her legs in between those bars I am telling she does and then she gets them stuck and wedged good and it hurts her really bad. We usually hear screaming and go in there and yes she has her legs pinched in between the bars. There is a solution for this, go buy a better bumper set. The one we have is just really flimsy and soft and she can pull it down way easy with her feet. Anyways back to the checking in on her thing, so when we check on her and open the door she usually can't see us cause the bumper is there. Sometimes she hears us open the door if she is not asleep yet and will try and lift her head over the bumper to see who is there. Well she got smart. I go in to check on her and the little smartie decided to pull the bumper up and I walk in and she has the bumper ripped up and her face smashed against the bars staring at me. She starts to laugh when she see's me a laugh that said " ah now I can see you when you and daddy come in, no more sneaking behind the bumper". I was just laughing when I saw this I wish I would have gotten a pic of her face smashed up on the crib it was so cute. Of course you never have your camera on you when you need it. But these are pics after she had fallen asleep and the bumper was still wedged up!
 

 

This is mya's new sleeping position and for those of you who know her this sleeping position is much better than her typical one which is her on her back with her pink blanket literally rapped around her head. Many times babysitters have been so scared they tell me when I pick her up that she was suffocating with this blanket rapped tight around her head. I tell them yes I know that is how my dear child sleeps and if you try and move the blanket a 1/2 inch she will wake up. She loves the blanket wrapped around her face! So needless to say we are liking this sleeping arrangement of her much better!
 

This is my new carrier for Mya. We had a gift card to Sportsman's and so we thought we would get something I have been dieing to get forever. Mya absolutely loves this thing. I take her on walks all the time just around town and she just thinks she is in heaven with her little shade canopy. Can't wait to take her to ZIONS!
 
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Angela Montgomery said...

I love that carrier! That's what I want when we have kids for all the hiking adventures! Love ur blog! Hope things are going good 4 you!

Tai and Joe said...

I love her little sleeping habits. I don't know if I will ever get that cute look out of my head from her staring me down. She is so adorable. I love that pack. I love to see what you guys buy for your kids so Joe and I will know what to get.
lets hang soon.

Trent and Steph said...

That is so cute. I love the way so sleeps.

Our ABC Family said...

Hey Jamers! I miss you tons girl! :) Your blog is too cute! hope that all is well with you guys!

CHELSEY said...

Ok so is this a new camera or what? Those pics look professional..I need a camera like yours.

You're a champ to carry Mya around in that thing...no way I could pack Soph

The Caldwells said...

that's so funny . . . faith use to do the same thing with the bumper! it really is scarey how smart they get so young! she's too cute!!

Anonymous said...

She is funny. They get too smart way too fast. This is only the beginning. Ha Ha

Jessica said...

Jamie, It's Jessica Kendell (Petersen) I found your blog and the pic at the top of this page is the cutest! I'm going to put you on my blog list cuz I love to look at your pics. How is everything?