Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hospital

Today I had a doctors appointment, and I got to see my little man again. I love it I get ultrasounds pretty much all the time with my doctor. And yes it is a boy, I know when we told people last time it was a boy lot of people were skeptical cause it was so early, but it is for sure 100%boy, you can't really mistake the third leg! I am having such mixed emotions. I know some of you may think I am horrible for saying this outloud. But DEEP DEEP DEEP down inside I really wanted a girl. I don't know what it is about boys but they don't excite me like when I was told I was having a girl. Don't worry, this has nothing to do with loving this boy, I love him already so much and would never trade him back for nothing. I think I just have a hard time with BOY things. The other day I was online trying to find a bed skirt and cribbing for a boy, (the one we have now for Mya will obviously not work for him). I kept finding myself going to the girls section and had like 10 beddings that I wanted so badly, everytime I made myself go back to the boys section I was so bored and nothing is cute to me. I must not have "boy style" if you would call it that. NO offense to anyone who has these for their boys room but it seems like everything I see in boy for his room is sailboats or jungle attire or trucks. I know those are typically what boys like, but I just don't find any of that cute or what I want to decorate my boys room in! I even went to google boys rooms,nurserys to get ideas to what I should paint the rooms and I am so turned of. I am not a huge BLUE fan. Everything is BLUE for boy. I need help, mental help i know. But ANYONE, ANYONE out there who has boys and has cute ideas how to decorate a cute boy room without sailboats and jungles PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I feel like a horrible person inside not being crazy about this baby sex the way I was with Mya. I need to get excited about it, I want to throw myself into getting things ready for him, but can't cause I have no clue for BOYS. Now I know a lot of you with great taste, I can tell Chlysie, Lac, Danille, Chel,McCall,Mel, anyone, come on help a sister out!
Oh the other thing with this post is that I am delivering at Odgen Regional. Not by choice but it's only what my amazing insurance will cover. I had Mya at McKayDee adn I loved it. It was so nice there. I have the option of either Davis or Odgen Regional with my new isurance and really I don't like Davis. Nothing personal, I have just had family and friends delivery there and I don't think there rooms are very homie and comfortable, it all looks so old to me. So anyone who has delivered at Ogden Regional that will fill me in on how their stay was will be much apprecitated. Thanks again for hearing me babble. Can you tell I talk to an 18 month all day and don't get a lot of adult interaction???

4 comments:

Trent and Steph said...

I also had a hard time with finding stuff I liked. Girl things are just so cute. Hang in there. He will be so much fun once he is here.

We did Cort's room in puppies and it turned out pretty cute. I found the bedding set at Babies R Us website.

Jocelyn and Ryan said...

I feel exactly the same!!! I even had a little girl dress I bought like 5 years ago and I wanted a little girl to wear the baby blessing dress my mom made for me etc... So I was looking forward to having a girl too. And I don't like any of the bedding that i've seen for boys either. I think I'm just going to do blue and brown polka dots or something neutral instead of jungle theme. Oh well, little boys can be cute too :)

Erika said...

I felt the same way when I was told I was having a girl. I couldn't find anything at all that I liked except for in the boys section. He will be a momma's boy and steal your heart. My boys are still my best friends! Owen has a quilt with puppies and fire hydrants. And Davis' room is John Deere.

Rachelle said...

Okay, I found some decent stuff. If you go to nurserydepot.com, they have some cute bedding under the "modern" category and the "plaid, checks, and stripes" category. There's a lot of green/brown combos, if you want to avoid blue! I hope things start to get better soon!!!!