Monday, January 12, 2009

So About the Last Post...

I have been feeling so horrible inside, guilt maybe for the way I came across in my last post. I feel as though many people took me wrong. No one said anything, if anything several people said they felt the same way when they were told they were having a boy. So it is my own personal guilt that has led me to this post. I am so so so thankful for being so blessed to have this baby. In fact not a lot of poeple know this but we had actually been trying for 8 months prior to me finally getting pregnant. We wanted a baby really bad. I know some of you may read 8 months that's nothing, we've tried for years. But really 8 months was long enough for me to kinda of get a glimsp of what people go through, the emotions the sadness of trying to get pregnant. Of course I don't know everything they have been through, I am not saying that but just a touch of it. So I feel as though my post came across as very ungrateful for this baby. That is so opposite, we feel so very blessed to have him soon into our lives. I simply think it is so much harder to buy boy stuff, and decorate nurserys than it was for girls for me. It has nothing to do with regretting this child is a boy. Of course he will be just as loved! I was talking with my little sister and thought it was funny. I never cared about a nursery with Mya, she had a crib and I was happy, I had no plans of painting her room or nothing. But I have a sister, Cassie who loves to decorate and got me to do her room. WIth this kid I wanted to have my nursery all done before he got here, unlike months after like Mya. It was hard to paint her room when she was in it.
So this post is mostly for me to free me of the guilt I felt about the last post of sounding ungrateful and really wordly. All I care about is not the nursery, but hey I am human I definantly think about it and want to do one for him. I actually have a house now that I can paint and decorate. So sorry if I came across ignorant or ungrateful, truly that is not how we feel. We know how lucky we are and the only thing we can ask for is a healthy baby! Thanks again for allowing to blab once again my emotions!

6 comments:

n.davis said...

jamie, you're so cute!! i love you so much and i'm so thankful for your example. your post didn't come across as rude or anything, you are such a perfect mommy and your little man is so blessed to be with you and your family.
i love you girly. hopefully i can give your son a friend to play with. :D

Danielle said...

No worries! I didn't think you came across negative or rude or anything! I'm sorry that I am absolutely no help whatsoever when it comes to nursery decor (boy or girl). I'm sure whatever you do will be adorable!

Brooke said...

Jamie! I am so excited that you have a blog so I can stalk you ;) Just kidding. Your family is so dang cute. You will have so much fun with a little boy. Trust me!

P.S. Are you wearing a bra? HAHAHA

Our Lifes Treasures said...

I love your new picture!! way cute. you feel guilty way to easy. you don't need to though. are we still on for the 24th i hope so talk soon

Lacey Jay said...

Hymae... you make me laugh! I LOVE YOU! Don't worry if your not in love with your son I will be enough for the both of us:) HA HA! (so jk we all know your already in love with him)

Kris said...

Hey!!! Of course I remember ya! I'm so glad that my post could help you with class! I have been using that song in my classes for the last 4 years! I can't believe you are prego with your second, and teach!!! You are superwoman!!!!